The Canadian Institute's 21st Annual Regulatory Compliance for Financial Institutions was held from December 10-11, 2015 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
The conference attracted compliance officers, in-house counsel, internal auditors, accountants, IT and operations managers, and risk managers. Highlights included remarks from the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI), Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC), Department of Finance Canada, Officer of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC), Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC), and the Canadian Bankers Association.
The conference was chaired by Maureen Bell (Vice President Compliance, CIBC).
Throughout both days, panels of industry leaders covered a wide range of topics:
- The Marcotte Decision: Where Do We Go From Here? Implications and Other Considerations
- Canadian AML Updates, Challenges and Moving Forward
- Roundtable with the Regulators
- Meeting Consumer Protection Requirements in Payments and Prepaid Cards
- Cyber Threats, Privacy, Security and Evolving Data Breach Obligations
- Improving FATCA, IGA and Global FATCA Compliance Programs
- Battling Expanding Regulatory Requirements: The Realities of Medium and Small FI's
- Payment Card Compliance and Emerging Trends in Mobile Payments
- Setting-Up Your Global Social Media Compliance Program
Don't Just Take Our Word For It…
Check out what participants had to say about the annual Regulatory Compliance for Financial Institutions conference:
"Great topics. Great delivery. Good enthusiasm."
Luigi Nieto Giovanini, Senior Manager, Basel Compliance, Scotiabank
"Very engaging speakers. Material highly relevant."
Tiffany French, Senior Director, Business Compliance, President's Choice Financial
"I, along with my employer, agreed that this conference would be a great avenue to gather information and learnings since I am new to my position…."
Mary Marchegiani, Manager, Regulatory Compliance, ICICI Bank Canada
"An opportunity to get updated about the latest in regulatory environment and networking."
Arnab Sensarma, Senior Manager, Internal Audit, ICICI Bank Canada
"Excellent, candid, informative."
Mathew Wesolowski, V.P., Bridgewater Bank
"I like the comprehensive and relevant scope."
Rosita Bhagat, Director, Compliance Audit, Scotiabank
"Fundamentals Workshop: "Good overview of regulatory environment."
Daniel Velari, Audit, TD Bank,